Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's another September Sunday afternoon in the Motor City and you know what that means...Detroit Lions football. Yes, it's time for us hapless homers to turn on the television and watch those delightful Detroit cats compete against a real football team, hoping to the heavens for a win. But wait, these are the Lions, even if they are on top they can, and will, find a way to lose. Trust me.

So those hopes immediately turn into horror, or disinterest as you simulate your own Lions match-up, Madden style. Or, if you are so fortunate (or unfortunate) to have a significant other in your midst, you succumb to her advances and she wins the war of the remote. I'm not too proficient at Madden (I'm one of those RPG/Adventure gamers) and I don't have a woman, so how do I compensate for the lack of bragging rights in the "black and blue division"?

Fantasy Football!

I am new to the phenomenon, myself. But I have already caught the fever. My team roster inlcudes a few of my favorites. So let's see what happens week 2.

Go Lions! Maybe...not!

0 comments: